Will the following material comply with Criterion 17(GRIHA Version 03) and what documentation is required for the same:
1. Kota stone (polished in factory – no other treatment).
2. Granite polished on site.
3. Are all ceramic and vitrified tiles complaint. If yes then what kind of documents or certificates are needed for compliance?
6. Glass and structural glazing.
Please find the replies of the queries listed below:
- Kota stone (polished in factory – no other treatment) and granite are compliant. Purchase orders and specifications of how the stone does not have mirrored finish needs to be submitted.
- All ceramic and vitrified tiles are not necessarily compliant. However, tiles which have some kind of recycled content or are listed in the GRIHA product catalogue are compliant. Products other than the product catalogue require the necessary documentation to substantiate the claim (Specifications demonstrating recycled content along with purchase orders).
- If a steel product or glass is being used in the building interiors, then it must contain recycled content for compliance. Along with specifications/brochures highlighting recycled content, purchase orders are required.
- Structural glazing is not part of Criterion 17(GRIHA Version 03).