- Is there any mandatory fresh air requirement for the spaces? SVAGRIHA or GRIHA manuals do not specify any requirement for this. The client suggests that fresh-air will be available through regular door openings
- The developer will not be providing any kind of Desert coolers & Fans in the building. Please suggest how can points be achieved for installing low-energy cooling/heating system?
Criterion 3 : Good fenestration design for reducing direct heat gain and glare while maximizing daylight penetration
- Building design to be constructed in villages in hot and dry climate, where glass window is not a suitable option and client intends to use MS windows with iron grill and no glass. So how can we comply with the SHGC requirement?
- Building design proposed to be constructed in villages in hot and dry climate. As it’s a daytime use building, all windows and doors will be open during working days. Should we go ahead with 100% Visual Light Transmittance (VLT) for daylight calculation?
- Can you please add fly ash bricks in material thermal efficiency (Criterion 5) and embodied energy (criterion 11) calculators?
- There is a mention of threshold values in Criterion 05 of SVAGRIHA. Do these values consider sum of heat gain from Building Envelope, LPD, EPD, Occupancy (or) this value is only for heat gain from Building Envelope.
- While considering ‘Sq.ft/TR’, which area, ‘conditioned space’ or ‘total space’, should be considered for calculation?
- If the developer is not providing any kind of air-conditioners, fans & geysers, then how can we achieve points ?
- Can you please suggest appropriate Air Conditioners which can help in achieving points in Criterion 6 (Use of Energy Efficient appliance) of SVAGRIHA?
- For office buildings, SVAGRIHA states "Non-applicability: Office buildings can opt out of installing Solar Water Heaters”. So will the project lose two points or will they be deducted from the denominator as well?
- Our project is a government school providing mid-day meals. What should be the hot water requirement for kitchen needs?