Criterion 15: Reducing landscape water demand
- Calculation of overlapping areas between trees and other vegetation
- Plant Factor for exotic trees
- Can the water requirements for landscape irrigation be excluded for the monsoon months?
- What is the plant factor for exotic trees on ground?
- Is it acceptable to use any low flow hose nozzles/ sprayers connected to a hose pipe to earn 1 point?
- How can the tree area be calculated in Criterion 10 (GRIHA Version 3) if either ground cover or lawn comes under the tree? Please clarify the correct course of action if lawn and trees are overlapping each other.
- If a client wishes to go forward with manual irrigation then what should be done for criterion 10 (GRIHA Version 3)? What measures can be taken by the landscape architect in this case?
- What is the Irrigation system efficiency for manual watering in Criterion 10 (GRIHA Version 3)?